eHarmony Free Trial Offer
- Take a free personality test and receive a personality profile
- Create an eHarmony profile and upload multiple photos
- Receive free matches based on 29 dimensions of compatibility
- Read and review matches at your own pace with no pressure to join
- Interact with your matches using guided communication
- Use the account as long as you want (no expiration)
- Does the free trial give me full access to all the features regular members get?
No, it does not. Regular members can communicate with their matches, but you will not be able to do this with a free account. However, you can set up your profile and see what kind of matches the eHarmony matching system will send you. This will give you a good idea of whether or not the site is successful at finding the type of members you would be interested in communicating with. Below is a checklist showing you exactly what you can do with a free account:
What You Can Do For Free Take the personality test Create a dating profile Receive daily matches Contact other members Respond to other members when contacted
Click the following link to see a full dating comparison chart of how the eHarmony free trial stacks up against other online dating free trials.
- Who should use eHarmony?
eHarmony is designed to help you find your life partner, and uses scientific research as well as a complex matching system to find matches for you based on compatibility (read a NYT article on compatibility here). If you are ready for a serious relationship, and want to maximize your chances of finding someone you will get along with, then eHarmony is the site for you.
- What is the cost if I decide to upgrade to a full membership?
There are quite a few payment options to choose from. You can pay monthly, however, this ends up being the most costly, at $59.95 a month. If you purchase a 3 or 6 month subscription, you will instantly save 30 - 50% off the monthly rate. The best deal is to purchase an annual membership, which will bring your monthly costs down to under $20. As you will see by setting up a free account, eHarmony is a serious site that requires a commitment on your part. You are unlikely to find the love of your life in one short month, and therefore we encourage you to purchase at least a 3 month membership.
- If I decide not to join, will the account and profile stay active or will it get deleted?
Your account will remain open and you can continue to receive matches if you like. This way, you always have the option to sign up should you get matched with someone you are interested in contacting. We know people who have had free accounts for years before eventually signing up for a subscription. eHarmony does not pressure you to join and you can use your free account all you want.
- I am still not sure about online dating. Where can I read more about eHarmony?
We offer a detailed eHarmony Review page on this site, which describes how the site works and offers a list of pros and cons, as well as other helpful information. On the other hand, if you want to learn more about the history and background behind eHarmony, wikipedia as always is a great resource.
Still Not Sure? These Ads Might Convince You To Try eHarmony :
Comments on the Free Account:
The free account you get at eHarmony will allow you to determine whether the eHarmony matching system is capable of finding matches that you are interested in. If it doesn't deliver, then you lose nothing since you did not have to pay anything to sign up. Should you find, however, that you are matched with people you would like to contact, then this will confirm to you that eHarmony has the ability to deliver the kind of results you are looking for. In these cases, it makes sense to purchase a membership so you can start communicating and take full advantage of everything the site has to offer.
About Free Communication Events:
On occassion, eHarmony offers something that goes beyond the standard eHarmony free trial, called a Free Communication Event or Free Communication Weekend. These events typically last for a few days, and during this period you are allowed to communicate with other members even if you are not a paying member. This is one way to further test the eHarmony site before deciding whether you want to become a subscriber. These events, however, only take place once every few months, and there is no way to predict when the next one will be. Therefore, if you are eager to get started, you should definitely go ahead and sign up instead of waiting around for the next promotional period.
This site will contain a notification whenever a Free Communication Event is taking place.
Next Scheduled Free Communication Event: Currently Taking Place (until May 27)
If you have not already established an eHarmony free trial account, you should do so ASAP by clicking here so that you will be ready to make the most of any upcoming events. There is usually very short notice that a new event is about to take place, so the best strategy is to already have an account set up.
Past Free Communications Events:
- May 24 - 27, 2013 - Another free communication event that coincided with Memorial Day weekend. It looks like eHarmony offers free communication events annually for this holiday.
- April 16 - April 20, 2013 - A 4-day event right in the middle of April.
- August 31 - September 3, 2012 - This was a typical free communication weekend lasting 4 days, over the Labor Day weekend.
- July 4th - July 8th, 2012 -
Once again we saw a free communication event take place during a major holiday.
This event was longer than the other ones in that it lasted 5 days instead of the usual 4 days for these types of events.
- May 25 - 28th, 2012 - This event coincided with Memorial Day weekend.
- March 16 - 19th, 2012 - Another 4-day free communication weekend took place recently. Given that there have been two events in less the last couple months, Free Communication Weekends may become a monthly event.
- Feb 17 - 20th, 2012 - This was a typical event, lasting over the extended President's Day weekend and taking place just days after Valentine's Day.