eHarmony Review - The King of Online Matchmaking
By Jill Hoffman at DatingCoupons.net / Rating: out of 5
eHarmony was founded in 1998 by relationship expert Dr. Neil Clark Warren. It differs from other dating sites in that it places a special emphasis on compatibility and uses a unique matching system to find matches for you. If you are open to letting a scientific, carefully constructed matching system find potential matches for you, eHarmony may do wonders for you.
At the core of the matching system is an extensive questionnaire that all eHarmony participants are required to fill out. The questionnaire took us over 30 minutes to complete, but on the positive side, it was very straightforward and easy to do. Having such a long questionnaire is good in the sense that: 1) It gives a lot of information for eHarmony to use to find your match, and 2) It weeds out the people who aren't serious. After you submit the questionnaire, eHarmony generates a free personality profile (supposedly having a $40 value) which is surprisingly accurate.
Unlike other dating sites, eHarmony offers no searchable listings. Instead, eHarmony finds potential matches for you using their "29 dimensions of compatibility" and displays only your matches. You can then view detailed profiles of the matches that eHarmony found, and if you decide to contact a match, at that point you are required to sign up for paid membership.
eHarmony requires more work up front when you join, but less work afterwards, since you don't have to spend hours searching through listings and trying to find your match. In a sense, eHarmony does the hard part for you, and it's encouraging to know that the model eHarmony uses to match you with potential partners is a well-researched, scientifically proven model that really works, as is evident by the numerous testimonials on the site.
You can now join at no cost using the eHarmony free trial.
|eHarmony Cheat Sheet|
Pricing for the Basic Plan:
Pricing for Premier Plan:
Pricing for Total Connect Plan:
Which Plan Should You Choose?
Like many other dating sites, eHarmony now offers different levels of memberships. Depending on which level you choose, you can get certain extra benefits. Here is a summary of what you get with the different plans:
- You can review and communicate with your matches as much as you want using the online communication tools provided.
Total Connect Plan *recommended
- Includes RelyID, where your is verified, giving assurance to your matches that you are who you way you are.
- SecureCall allows you to talk to your matches over the phone without revealing your phone number.
- A premium personality profile which offers deeper analysis and insights about your presonality.
- All the features of the Total Connect plan, including RelyID and SecureCall.
- Hand selected matches - The experts at eHarmony will hand-select up to 10 matches for you.
- Profile Advisor - Profile consultation and assistance to make sure you create the best profile possible.
- Pause account for up to 3 months if you decide to take a break.
- 3 free one-month memberships you can give away to friends and family.
We recommend the Basic and Total Connect Plans for most users. If you enjoy talking to people on the phone, the extra $3 - $5 per month for the Total Connect Plan is definitely worth it.
Opinions About eHarmony on Youtube:
You can't believe everything on Youtube (just google eHarmony cat lady and you'll get the picture), but it's still a good place to get some additional eHarmony reviews. Some of the videos can be quite helpful, like the one below:
To provide any feedback about this review, please use our contact form.